It’s time to take back your mornings, ladies!
No more worrying about the morning ahead. No more running around the house to get ready for work.
YOU deserve to enjoy your morning because YOUR mornings are precious me time. Before identifying what you want to bring into your mornings, consider these 8 tips though.
1. Keep your morning routine SIMPLE.
Don’t do a bunch of things as soon as you wake up in the morning. That’s too much on stress on your brain, and it’s just going to add more stress to your life. We’re trying to relieve stress, not add to it.
2. Limit your morning routine to 15 – 60 min.
I don’t know how much me time you want. I also don’t know what your job situation looks like. At least 15 minutes of good old me time can make a difference though.
3. Wake up at the same time EVERYDAY.
No more sleeping in on the weekends, because your body works better when it has a consistent routine. Plus, when you start waking up at a specific time every day, your body will start waking up before your alarm. (Trust me. I learned this the hard way during school).
However, before your body gets to that point, you’l want to use an alarm clock, preferably one not on your phone.
4. Include things that make you happy.
5. Identify things that make life easier.
- Things like journaling can help you reflect on things that you have done or want to do in the future.
- Creating a daily To Do List because checking things off as done just brings a little more satisfaction to your life.
- Prayer because God is a miracle worker.
6. Do things that set you up for success.
You define what success means to you.
Your To Do List can help you with this part too.
Do not look at your phone as soon as you wake up. You don’t need such negativity in the morning.
Eat breakfast because it still the most important meal of the day.
7. Don’t let failure keep you down.
- Don’t expect to be able to start your new morning routine and it works out perfect and flawless.
- Sometimes you won’t be able to complete your entire morning routine because life happens.
- Just enjoy the process of creating your morning routine, and by the end of that, you will know what to include and what not to include in your morning routine.
8. YouTube is not the Holy Grail for morning routines.
Morning Routine = Self Care
Your morning routine should be about taking care of yourself before starting your day. In the morning, make yourself a priority and not an option. You should always come first. If you are not calm, collected, and in the right state of mind, it is likely that you will not have a productive day.
About the Author
Lexy Barnes is originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee but recently relocated to Detroit, Michigan for more opportunities. She graduated from East Tennessee State University in 2019, and plans to pursue a master’s degree in the near future. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, traveling, learning about anything, watching Netflix or Hulu, and spending time with friends or family. Her life quote that she tries to live by is that “Great things never come from the comfort zone.” She is available on the following platforms:
Instagram: @_thelexybarnes_ or @thedailybingeblog
About the Site Owner
Mish (Pronounced Meesh) Truth has always been a natural social justice advocate. She now holds BA in Psychology and will hold an MSW by May 2021. She is currently a goal coach, a tutor, and a writer.
She is is passionate about social justice issues and overall mental wellness. This includes knowledge on how to develop healthy relationships, and awareness mental and medical illnesses, and social justice issues.
Growing up in an urban, low income, community, she learned a lot before her time. She credits her success to her self awareness and desire for personal growth.
Her goal is to change the world by affecting at least one person, educating them, inspiring them, and then empowering them to go out and affect more change.
As an extension of this blog’s mission, we created a Facebook group where women come together for
Girl Talk, Advice, Daily Encouragement, Giveaways , And SHOPPING!
Many of the self-help or knowledge guides that we publish are offered FREE for limited amount of time, if you join the mailing list! Click the button to join!
I have a lot more articles, click the blue button to read more